On saturday when I read this question.
"分享一个隐藏服事的经历。"
What an irony. Haha.
Why would you want to share something that you want to hide?
隐藏服事.
The world need not know all my good deeds because God knows it and it is enough. But in this Earthly flesh the struggle to serve humbly is continuous.
What about pride?
For everything in the world—the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does—comes not from the Father but from the world. (1 John 2:16)
What are we told?
So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. (Matthew 6:1-4)
Lord, I pray for eyes to see the needs of others and power to assist those in need. Keep me humble and may I serve others just to reciprocate your love. Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment