It has been one week since the release of A level results.
I could still remember last Friday, when tons of sms came in and probably tons were sent too. Now it seems things are back to normal…normally silent. Anyway, I am thankful that God granted me this silence because I really need it to decide my university courses.
For the past few days I was contemplating about “what’s next” for my university education. There were questions which asked myself : Can my results be trusted? How reliable is it in indicating that I have the capacity to take up this course?
Think about it. Just because PersonX can do 24 maths questions does not mean that PersonX is good in maths. Just because PersonX got ‘B’ for a subject does not mean that PersonX is not ‘A’ grade material in this area.
Though I am grateful for God’s miracles, I am still unaware of my true potential. Though I am eligible for this course, I need to know my limits and work within it.
This decision process has been a confusing and uncomfortable one. Just what does God want me to do?
____________________________________________________
Walking by faith isn’t our idea of fun. We want the discomfort and risk removed. Before a move we want God to make our situation crystal clear. Do you see the problem?
Our mindset is: “God, tell me where to go and I will trust you.”
What God wants us to see is that if He did this, our trust wouldn’t be real. We want a definitive answer so we won’t feel vunerable, weak and dependent on Him. But guess what? We are vunerable, weak and dependent on Him.
And it’s only when we realize our true condition that God can demonstrate His strength and love on our behalf.
____________________________________________________
Walk by faith – that’s what I will do.
On my part, I have to move on and God will steer me to the path he wants me to take. I will make my decision and bring it to the Lord. He will be part of my life equation. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment