Bits and pieces of lyrics seem to surface in my mind as I attended the Good Friday Service today.
And though your soul was overwhelmed with pain
Obedient to death You overcame…
What Jesus went through was not only painful: it was excruciating.
Physcial pain
Being whipped up.
Being crowned with the crown of thorns.
Being nailed and left there to breathe.
Emotional pain
Being scorned by the people be loved
Being rejected by the people he came to save
Forsaken by his father
"Yet not my will but yours be done" You cried…
He was not only obedient to death, but also obedient to His Father at the brim of death.
The sorrow that surrounded you was mine..
Why? Because it was me who caused him to be nailed on the cross.
And once again I look upon the cross where You died
I'm humbled by Your mercy and I'm broken inside
Once again I thank You, Once again I pour out my life
No comments:
Post a Comment