During my journey to work, I re-read yesterday's qt passage.
This question was thrown to me.
Are you struggling with something about yourself that you just don’t like? If this is something that cannot be changed, know that the Lord can still use you JUST as you are. But if he is prodding you to make some adjustments in your character, seek his direction and know that he can move mountains and conform you into his image.
I spent quite some time thinking about this question.
Let's see.
I have already accepted the fact that I am not bright and I don't hate myself for that.
What else?
Snoozing off during sermon. Right.
I hate myself for that. How can I treat God's word and message with this little respect?
Snoozing off during sermon only goes to show how horrible my atttitude is towards God's word.
Doing something about that already.
It was only after the december combined youth camp '07 that I became strongly aware of my 'Approval of God VS Approval of Man' prob. I enjoy helping people and that is good. However, before I attempt to help anyone, I would really question my motive. It could be that I want people to have a good impression of me. It could be that I like the sound of 'thank you'. It could be because I expect something in return. But it should be because I love this person just as how God loves me. I am very cautious about this now...more than ever.
To the readers out there:
note that your struggles, your desires, your thoughts, your dreams—are part of God’s divine design of you! You are (just as I am) created in God’s image. A masterpiece in the making. Purposeful cracks and all. (Think potter and clay)
Somehow, blogging all this reminded me of this song..
The butterfly song
If I were a butterfly, I’d thank you Lord for giving me wings
If I were a robin in a tree, I’d thank you Lord that I could sing
If I were a fish in the sea, I’d wiggle my tail and I’d giggle with glee
But I just thank you father for making me, me
For you gave me a heart and you gave me a smile
You gave me Jesus and you made me your child
And I just thank you Father for making me, me
If I were an elephant, I’d thank you Lord by raising my trunk
If I were a kangaroo, You know I’d hop right up to you
If I were an octopus, I’d thank you Lord for my fine looks
But I just thank you Father for making me, me
For you gave me a heart and you gave me a smile
You gave me Jesus and you made me your child
And I just thank you Father for making me, me
It's a really kiddy song. But when you think about the kids singing this song, you should be able to sense that lyricist really appreciate God and his creation( which includes themselves) .
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14
No comments:
Post a Comment