Tuesday, January 1, 2008

First post of the year

I just came back from Kukup trip with my sunday school class.
It was fun and very slack.
A good break from city life.
A chance to breath fresh air.
An opportunity to relax and play.
Yet in the midst of all the fun, there were lessons which I derived based on my experiences.

When I saw the fishes in the giant fishing net, it reminded me of Luke chapter 5 where Jesus called his first disciples. Jesus directed his disciples to catch the fishes. He mentioned to his disciples in Matthew 4:19 that he will make them fishers of men.
(Aren't we fishers of men too?)
As we scooped up the fishes and placed them in a tub of seawater, I observed that some of them where still alive but the rest were dead. To me, the fishes signifies people of the world. Some accepted Christ as their personal savior but many others passed away before they could do so. It reminded me that we, as Christians, are to save the people of the world before it's too late.

As we placed the incense sticks together so that all of them would glow, I think that God brings us together so that we can light up and brigthen each one's life via fellowship.
我们在光明中行, 在各人生命中有份!

When we played with the fireworks and gaze at the stars, I thought that each firework/star has a short lifespan but despite this fact, they shine and shine till they cease to do so. Similarly, we as Christians are to shine for the Lord and serve him till the day we cease to breathe.

I thank God for this experience.
I am glad I went kukup with my sunday school class (for 2007).
Love the beautiful sunset!




No comments: