Saturday, September 13, 2014

Why and how? Yes, I know frustration

I thought about God being slow to anger yet exploding immediately/unexpectedly. That is the closest I can think of to describe my frustration. There are always some of these days when you just want to erupt and explode due to frustration. Things seemed fine for many on the surface but I seem to find myself facing some issues. Perhaps I still haven't been able to face things wisely. So the fact is that interacting with people who are different from me has been a rather arduous task.

As my juniors serving NS shared about how different as a Christian they are to their non-Christian army mates, I can't help but relate to their experience. I have had my fair share of army and interacting with people different from you is tough. How about you (as a leader) learn to understand and fellowship with a group of people different from you? If I asked someone this question, they will probably go "how hard can that be as compared to interacting with non-Christians?"

And yes, maybe it are not as hard in degree but perhaps still as hard in kind. I don't think it will be a good idea to go into the details here. Moving forward, I shall find someone who might be more understanding of my plight and go into the details with this person. There is probably more than meets the eye.

Hope I will get to it soon. Till then, I will just have to bottle it up. Maybe I need rebuke. But perhaps I just need a kind and understanding listening ear who is not really in my service context.

No comments: