What can I say?
I am to be grateful to God for giving me a job.
While some of my friends were excited one week ago to hear that I am going to start work soon, I don't quite know what to feel.
Yes, it is the beginning of my next phase of life yet I am not very excited about it. It is going to be a rather long phase after all. Being able to work for this phase of life and being grateful with what you are working on can be much of a challenge (as observed from some around me). In a sense, it is a form of testing - can you take that much heat and still work cheerfully, trusting in the Lord to support all your endeavors in the years to come? And while time to do other things diminish, you are tested - do I see meaning in doing this little thing for this group of people? Can I put down my leisure time to make and effort to serve and love this group of people (who might be insensitive and ungrateful of your presence and contribution) ?
It is an on-going test. I know I will have my defects. But God will work things out.
No comments:
Post a Comment