I was reading the last few verses of Titus Chapter 3 this morning. Verse 14 says, "Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order to provide for urgent needs and not live unproductive lives."
The point of this verse is to remind us that as Christians we should devote ourselves to doing good. My thoughts were to the phrases "urgent needs". What are the urgent needs of Singapore? A big question mark for me.
I don't think I have read much of current news to know what the urgent needs are. And I moved on to ask ... what if urgent needs are not the needs which appear through media. What if there is something urgent which demands our attention but we get distracted by other things such as SEA games, World cup and haze?
I can only think of praying for God to reveal them to me. Eyes and mind to see and percieve needs and the heart to move to meet those needs.
No comments:
Post a Comment