Friday, September 19, 2014

Strength, song, salvation

The Lord is my strength and my song,
    and he has become my salvation;
this is my God, and I will praise him,
    my father's God, and I will exalt him. (Exodus 15:2)

"Happy therefore the people whose God is the Lord; they need no more to make them happy. They have work to do, temptations to grapple with, and afflictions to bear, and are weak in themselves; but he strengthens them: his grace is their strength. They are often in sorrow, upon many accounts, but in him they have comfort, he is their song; sin, and death, and hell, threaten them, but he is, and will be, their salvation." - Matthew Henry

There is definitely some things we haven't quite grasp though we can understand the words in Exodus 15:2. Perhaps the secret to happiness and beholding God as strength, song and salvation - needs to be learnt for a lifetime. Hope I can comprehend/experience it little more when I sing lyrics like that.

No comments: