Expectations. Something everyone will have in life.
There is a people waiting for Messiah.
It was their expectation that the Messiah deliver them from a foreign power, just like how Moses lead Israelites out of Egypt.
It took a course of around a week for this people to give up on the Messiah.
I wondered if there were people who had a hard time accepting that Jesus did not want to work with the chief priests and the teachers of the law to liberate them. To make things worse, He gave the chief priests and the teachers of the law seven woes, proclaim the destruction of the temple and said the kingdom which he establishes is not of this world. They probably though, "Just what kind of Messiah is He? I have no use for Him."
I felt that the selfishness of mankind was revealed here. They wanted independence on top of what they already had and probably did not give a thought to Jesus' agenda and plans. Was it too much for them to comprehend? Were they blinded from seeing what is to be accomplished? Was the hardness of their hearts which kept them from the things of God and put Jesus on the cross?
It is probably easy for me to say all these things, in a way which detaches myself from all these events. Yet at the end of the day, I have to ask myself, "Am I ready to give up my expectations and accept what God has for me ? Do I believe His plan is the best ? Am I willing to submit to Him, that He may use me to accomplish His purposes, for His glory?"
No comments:
Post a Comment