There seems to be two typical movie story lines which appeals to me.
1. One will be the superhero storyline - the plot thickens and some hero saves the day with a display of some sort or a witty display of tactics to overthrow the enemy. The main character will be like everything which I am not.
2. The other will be a storyline showcasing normal people on a mission/adventure and they are portrayed like underdogs of some type overcoming all odds to complete their task at hand. (The secret life of Walter Mitty is one of them.)
I secretly find myself rooting for the underdogs, more than Walter Mitty. Underdogs are not expected to win or succeed in anything. You can probably identify them by asking questions like,
"How likely is it that they will succeed?"
"Can he really do this?"
And I watch on ... seeing how these underdogs attain their goal, feeling happy for them even if they are fictional characters. And the reason? Because I see some part of me in them (the underdogs). I seem to identify myself with the underdog as I find myself asking similar questions.
"How likely is it that I will do well?"
"Can I really do this?"
I hope I can do with less self-doubt in my life and I guess it has to begin with putting faith in God.
My following realization will be that the first type of story line is the one I see God in. The Almighty God ready to display His glory in all the ways He wants.
The next thought which I had ...
Isn't life portrayed like this - having those two story lines run concurrently?
A God at work, displaying His glory and pleased with all that He does all day. A layman, trying his best to act according to what God has placed in His heart, fumbling a little, fell down (maybe a few times), found strength to move on (somehow).
So this layman ought to do what he can.
No comments:
Post a Comment