I just did an activity with a group of ppl. Made them express something about them on a piece of A4 paper. It is probably some activity lacking freshness and you have probably done before.
I didn't really share with that group the things which made me do this activity as I didn't want to bore them with details. But I thought I should say it here.
What I did share with the group : the reason I decided on this activity was because I wanted to break away from standard short introductions which do not actually say much about us. Because our lives is more than name, occupation and age, it should follow that our introductions reflect that degree of vastness.
(Elaboration)
Because we are unique creations of God, we ought to exercise our creative energies (according to the amount given to each of us). In this activity, it was my hope that one will find freedom to express himself/herself freely (not being directed to say what is needed / go with the standard intro) though one of my friend said that it might be an Asian thing that we can't really seem to express ourselves probably. (Then doesn't it make this activity more meaningful?)
I have God to thank for dropping me this idea. (May everything written here be reflective of a mortal giving glory to God.)
The more that I think about it, the more I find that this activity came about because I was influenced or inspired by the things I encountered or interacted. My dealings with shapes,lines,words in my final year project somehow lead me there. My discovery of a presentation programme pretzi was somehow related to how parts can be wonderfully transited to and able to present the whole. Maybe it's even got to do with how the unique the words were displayed in "The secret life of Walter Mitty".
So at the end of the day, I gathered a collection of drawings each unique, perhaps having random details and an enjoyable time together. The ordinary simple idea worked and I did justice to the thoughts (as we say it's the thoughts that counts) and not to mention, gave glory to God for these related things.
Thank you God for making this normal idea work wonders.
You are the truly wonderful one. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment