Wednesday, March 10, 2010

ATT: Attention problem

Attention is a very tricky problem to deal with. On my 21st birthday, I was overwhelmed with birthday messages, more than the previous ones. I don't want to crave this attention but the more attention I am given, the more alluring I find it.

After my birthday, my life returns to normal, normally quiet. Deep inside I know, I want someone to call me or send an sms but I shut that feeling down. Why? Because I know I can live without it and I only live for Christ.

Today, my devotion talked about what pure religion is about: "to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world" (James 1:27b NKJV). I know it's kind of strange, but I don't want the world to spot me. I don't want the world to grip me in any way. I don't need to be recognised by anyone.

But that being said, I still need to observe for calls and messages because some things will happen suddenly, requiring swift response. It's one separate matter. It's not about me but what my friends need.

And there, I have my lessons learnt.

No comments: