Monday, March 10, 2014

The non-blue Monday

Today was one of the good non-blue Monday I had. Thank God for a wonderful day following my recess week.

I started my day by doing something I have never done before - sending my prayers to those who shared their prayer request to me.

I sat and listened with interest for my first lecture of  the day, despite knowing that the lecturer was not so good, much of the content were non-examinable and almost everyone switched-off after hearing that piece of information. Interest drove me far and made learning less fatigue.

Thought of being joyfully stressed for the remaining two months in NTU as I walked down the the path along the computer labs.

Had lunch with my course mates whom I knew for about 4 years and talking about the funniest things in army and a little about future career. It occurred to me that I will really miss my life as a student, talking to my friends like that on such a regular basis.

Got to hear a friendly lab technician talk about work, soft skills and his past. Never heard him spoke at length about something with anyone about things and there he spoke to my friend and I today. He gave a kind advice not to take technical work as a career until retirement and I couldn't agree more, along with the importance of developing soft skills.

Went for an event called the "Campus Day of Prayer" because I didn't want to be any more apathetic than I already am. To take part in this event for the last time as a Christian student in NTU was a choice I didn't regret. Got to see two friends - one who graduated a semester earlier than me and another who was close to me during my primary school days.

And quickly this day ended.
Wished I could embrace each day positively.
(Right now, anything beats sitting down, shutting out the world to do coding. Guess I am quite sure I am not going into hard-core software development as a career. )

No comments: