Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The helped helped the helped who helped the helped

I am not sure if it's a strange thing to do - to realized that you have challenging problems to tend to yet help another who is also has problems of his own. I just did that to at least one person today.

When I think back, what would actually compel a person to do such a thing? Why didn't I just say, "sorry, I think I can't help you.Can't even help myself."

I guess there are some interesting things to say about this.

1. Because I know I can actually help this person, who I happen to know and care about.
2. I actually realized that we are not designed to be self-sufficient creatures. And there are many things which I cannot help myself, requiring help from others. So one can choose to do unto others what they want others to do unto you.
3. This world is sustained by helping others who requires help and everyone requires some form of help. A
rather interesting inter-dependent relationship between people who personally know each other or not. (Set in motion by a God who is loves what is good and hates what is evil)

At the end of the day, some will come to the conclusion that it is more blessed to give (help) than to receive (help).

No comments: