Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Two aspects of Comfort zone

Socially awkward creatures (including myself) often find "stepping out of the comfort zone" as trying to speak to all sorts of people and make new friends or taking courage to address an issue, exert control on a crowd.

But recently, I realised there is that other side of "stepping out of the comfort zone". As I try to get things going in my campus ministry. "Stepping out of the comfort zone" came as a challenge. 

"How much discomfort/loss will you be willing to bear, Daniel?"

I found myself asking this question. While there may be a need to avoid unnecessary discomfort/loss, the crux of the matter is questioning the extent which I would go to live a life that is rich towards God.

I have some catching up to do for my studies (which I compromised to complete my planning for a recent event). I can't say I made a good move. But I know this - No pain, no gain.

No comments: