Thursday, October 3, 2013

Interest / Care

This semester has been terribly busy. (And now I am wondering what I was busy with this week)
I begin to understand how apathy sets in in the context of hectic schedules.
But as I took time to go down to the east to share my outreach experience, I asked questions like...

What makes people care (or not care) about something ?
Where do these desires/attitude come about ?

At the end of the day, I would think that certain things just don't come naturally to some people.

http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/do-people-bore-you

After reading the article, I asked myself, "do I get bored with people ? "
And my response was "I have no idea. But people with probably get bored with me."

"Very few people are interested in others. If you really find their story interesting, and care about them, they may open up to you and want to hear your story—Christ’s story."

I read these lines (above) with a tinge of sadness, knowing that I am not that few and that this interest/care might be the crucial factor why some Christians' mission of evangelism (or missions) are not going that well.

Do we see that people are "amazing creations of God with a thousand interesting experiences"? Have their voices/stories been heard then? The answer will affect whether they will want to hear ours.

No comments: