Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The new semester starts

Life goes on. Mine goes into the last AY in NTU.
The timetable was filled with more empty slots than the previous few.
Yet the academic credits taken this semester was not any lesser than last time.
It is but an illusion. The modules no longer fix lab time for you to do your assignments.
I guess as a year 4 student they expect you to plan your time wisely.
Oh...wait...I actually have my FYP to kick off.

And so at week 1 (this week), I can already sense this "I am going to be so busy" future.
Subconsciously, there is this fear that I will be overwhelmed with work and lose myself in the process
Yea...seems like I am freaking myself out already.

As I read desiringgod.org's article entitled "Lay aside the weight of fragmented focus", I find myself steeped in a culture where accomplishing several significant tasks seems desirable, it seems difficult to do fewer things more effectively. Rightly pointed out is the issue of distraction.

When Martha was frazzled with tasks, Jesus said that her “many things” were making her “anxious and troubled.” Only “one thing is necessary” (Luke 10:41–42).

We can know that only one thing is necessary yet sometimes we can't focus to do that one thing. Where will we be heading this way?

Be thou my vision oh Lord of my heart...
Though there may be many things to do, but may my eyes be fixed unto you.

No comments: