I had my share of moving tables/chairs from place to place the last few days. Chairs were moved in campus for an event which took place yesterday.
When I was eating my dinner today, I saw an old folk moving tables and before I knew it, my hands and feet were responding to his need.
For an easy task like moving tables/chairs, I could recognize the amount of effort and how physically demanding it could be. Having experience something moves me to help.
When was the last time you saw a need and moved to meet the need?
So often we get caught up with our own situation that we don't see others as needy people, people in need of God's grace, people who requires a helping hand.
But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.
(1 John 3:17-18)
No comments:
Post a Comment