Yesterday I was just thinking about infinity (generally speaking) and I did some reading. What I thought was that there is something finite within the infinite and something infinite within the finite. Sounds like a paradox? Read on.
Something finite within the infinite
Draw a square in the x-and-y axis. The length and breadth are finite and hence the area too. However, the area is actually made up of infinite points in the square. Similarly, a bounded line (= a line with a limited domain and range) is also made up of infinite points. In a finite world bounded by time and space, there are actually infinite possibilities. This also mean that there are infinite mysteries to be unraveled too. And just think about Mary carrying a baby who has infinite capabilities...
Something infinite within the finite
God is but one, yet he attributes are described to be infinite. To say that God is infinite is to say that he is measureless. Within one beginning and one end lies eternity (= the limitless "time") .
Hard to grasp? Yes, I find it hard to grasp too. Yet we must try to understand...
No comments:
Post a Comment