"Yea. I have heard this before..."
"Yea. I know about this already..."
This 2 sentences iterated several times for several lectures.
It did not take long for me to discover that I was complacent with what I already know. Being complacent prevented me to understand the topic deeper. It inflated my pride (though I am not a SME, I must admit). It gave me a false sense of security and reality, when the truth is that I only know this much.
Closely related to my last sentence is this bible verse which we normally bring up or use during exams.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Then there is this hebrew word called batach, which means
- to trust, trust in
- to have confidence, be confident
- to be bold
- to be secure
- to feel safe, be careless
The thing is that while this word was translated as 'trust'(related to point1) in the bible, it was also translated as 'complacent'(more related to point 5).
Having made this discovery, I think time to time we should take a step back to see if our knowledge is prized more than God. Are we more secured in our knowledge or God? Where does our true security lie? How should the knowledge of the Holy change our complacent behavior?
May we have reverent fear of God such that we will be careful to observe his laws and trust in Him and Him alone. Let us not worship our minds but worship the God (who created us with our minds). Humbly come before Him, for we don't want to dethrone Him.
*CAUTION: You are currently in a war zone. Put on the armour of light
and wrestle with your enemies.*
No comments:
Post a Comment