Time to wrap up 2009...
Here were my goals last year.
Get in touch with the bible more often. (I would think so)
Be an effective leader. (Did not end up with a real leadership position. Thank God for this)
Continue look at things with different perspectives. (Still trying)
Take things in stride. (More or less. More to 'more')
Last year I have began to read more Christian books and other text and I really thank God for that. It probably began after I read this article entitled 'Time is short, seek the truth hard'. It prompted me to get real serious with my life and my beliefs, God and his will. If there was any key thing I remembered, it was the growing awareness that living a life for God is never easy. This is because as I seek to understand his word, I was presented with difficult lessons (i.e. radically loving and praising God in the midst of suffering) at the same time. The strangest thing is, that when I got to know more, I felt I do not know a lot more too. I guess that's why we can seek to know Him for an eternity.
As I continue my service in army as an intelligence specialist, I saw God working through me to fix things and keep things running even though some people are missing in action. It's amazing when I look back at challenging moments where I climbed the high sloped mountains and exchanged the energy drained with glory for God. A lot of things would not have been made possible without him and I really want to give thanks to the Lord for taking care of me and always being there for me when I am often seemingly lonely.
Marching to the new year, I know that there will be new workload but the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning, great is Your faithfulness O God!
To everyone out there, have a blessed new year! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment