Today I realised that for the past few days I was plagued with anxiety, something which naturally sets in. It is an effect, triggered by a cause: it is the departure of my direct superior to his new posting. Stepping up to temporarily take a higher appointment was something I have never considered, but ultimately an action I had to take (after taking to account my partner's working attitude and the continuity of workflow). I could not get things running as smoothly as my superior so it did make myself feel worse.
Yet it's strange how I can tell others that there are certain circumstances that might not be changed, but there is something we can change and that is our thoughts towards them.
God challenged me to take things day by day. What does that mean? 'Each day has enough trouble of its own.' It tells me that I should tackle what I am troubled and concerned with today, knowing that God will provide me the strength that I need and the grace that I seek. It seems to advocate the idea that we should not procrastinate in completing daily work. Since a day already has enough trouble, do not add it with yesterday's trouble. Handle today's trouble first so that you can handle the next day's trouble.
One day, One breath, One step, One more footprint.
No comments:
Post a Comment