Sunday, January 24, 2010

出人意外的平安

Today was the first time a stranger greeted me in church. Yes, I know we are all children of God, under Christ the head. But at that moment, I just did not expect this lady to greet me "平安".

It took a while for those bits of history to settle. Then I suddenly thought of this phrase, 出人意外的平安. (Yes, I know how literal my thinking was. Haha.) Where was that from? Philippians chapter 4:7.

"神 所 赐 、 出 人 意 外 的 平 安 在 基 督 耶 稣 里 保 守 你 们 的 心 怀 意 念 . "

It was a magnificient promise. The peace of God, which is more than what we can comprehend, more than what we expect, will guard our hearts and mind, our inner being in Jesus Christ, in Christ alone.

Taking things in context, the peace of God is the "inner calm or tranquility promised to the believer who has a thankful attitude based on unwavering confidence that God is able and willing to do what is best for His children." - (quoting John Macarthur)

Has anxiety found a place in your heart?
Fight it with your trust in God. Bring everything to God in prayer.
And may the Lord jolt you with peace! =P

No comments: