I spoke to an editor of a bulletin named 风铃 (aka windchime) and she told me about a problem, a worry about how things will work out if a particular article is to publish without a translation.
E: How? How?
I: Publish it and pray for the best to happen.
Shortly, she began to clean her wind chime. I stood there and watch her clean it.
I: (curiously) What's a wind chime created to do?
E: (paused for a moment) Hm... provide soothing music to people?
I: I thought it's just there to tell us that there is wind blowing.
Then I noticed the parallel.
The editor is cleaning up her 'wind chime' like she is cleaning up the real thing. It's comforting to know that she wants her 'wind chime' to provide harmonised music. I guess that's why she was worried about how possible conflicts will break out if that article is published.
I didn't tell her this but I think a wind chime rings according to the winds, the winds of change. It rings rapidly to warn people of things, if those things are not what God desires. It rings slowly to soothe the crowd's unsettled feelings, to inform them to all is fine with God, a loving God who never forsakes us. I guess that's how it works.
ting ~ ling...tingling. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment