Sunday, July 12, 2015

Somebody who is nobody serving one body (to find his place)

Dwight L. Moody observed that “Moses spent forty years in Pharaoh’s court thinking he was somebody, forty years in the desert learning that he was nobody, and forty years showing what God can do with a somebody who found out he was a nobody.”

No matter how young or old we are, we should ask God how he wants us to serve him. As we grow older, God will open up new opportunities to glorify him through prayer, through sharing Christ with family members, or through offering spiritual wisdom to younger Christians. If we are afraid that we have nothing left to offer, we only need to ask God to show what he can do with somebody who is a nobody.

~ Philip Graham Ryken

Listening to the sermon has caused me to ponder on "what should I do to build the church to the fullness of the measure of Christ". So I found it an irony that you can be serving a ministry (or a few) but actually find yourself not doing much to make a difference. It's one thing to be there for the sake of being there. It's another to be there because you know you want to be there but not sure how you can further value add to the community you are in. How else could I find the answers that I need to advance ? I can only ask God to reveal it to be so that I may perceive and hear His voice and His will.

No comments: