Content of 4 passages were processed, handpicked, edited and translated.
Was reminded of how inconsistent I am as a reader. Need to have a better habit of reading something, though I don't find myself fond of reading. Realised the need of words to engage my life.
Thinking about what to pray for missions.
There are definitely some standard things to pray for missions but I think having another voice (aka friend) helped to open my consciousness on what can be prayed. Peer to peer learning!
Realised I need to start praying for my friends going for the Cambodia Mission Trip and mobilize the fellowship to do so as well.
---
Was feeling quite overwhelmed with planning this thing after my working hours. Along with that was the thought of 'some help from someone would be nice'. Doing things alone (for this instance) was not something I wanted entirely. A minor setback faced was when I asked for help but only a few responded. No sound from the rest. I perceived that they were not supportive but in fact, some prayed. Some were having exams so I nicely chose to leave them out. And that left me with ... myself ? Fortunately, adequate help was given in the end. Can't thank them enough. ---> from this I think I need to be mindful of being and active supporter for my co-workers. I would have to say that I am bad at delegating sub-tasks to people. It seemed that I could not suggest how they could help me in some instances. Maybe I did not want to leak out what the programme would be like and just wished that they sat back and enjoy the fruits of my labor. (So this is what I mean when I say doing things alone was not something I wanted entirely)
Acknowledging and receiving help here was a humbling experience. Wish I could be humbled like that more often. But before that, I hope that the ones who rendered help would cheerfully do it. If not , God will not be pleased.
No comments:
Post a Comment