Friday, May 16, 2014

Nothing more, nothing less

I wrote an email some time less week to a group of people who I felt closer to in NTUCF, telling them how I felt a few years back, and that I actually did not develop a sense of belonging to NTUCF. While the gathering of people from diverse backgrounds is interesting and I was brought to think about quite a few issues, it may be hard to say that I have found like-minded people to relate to. It might be introversion making me feel like an oddball in there but maybe God wanted me to be a unique kind of salt and light in there. Work(s) done won't probably be remembered by many, but so long as the One remembers that will be enough.

A few are probably wondering why I won't be attending an appreciation dinner happening tomorrow even though I might know at least half of the people attending for it. Besides what I wrote in the previous paragraph, I simply think that if I am needed elsewhere then I should be at that elsewhere. It is not that I don't treasure the friendships made (if they qualify as friendship). I just prefer to avoid less "crowded" occasions. Maybe I just find that appreciation dinner is too classy for me (having gone for it once last year).

So in saying all these things, I went through how NTUCF was nothing more than this and nothing less than that.

No comments: