Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The tap on my shoulder

Days leading up to the Christalise Camp were rather hectic. But I thank God that I've had sufficient sleep during the camp itself.

Through the first day's sermon, what spoke to me was really Matthew Chapter 6:19-34. And it so happened that I was in that phase of preparing for my China work and study trip. Several concerns kept coming up (- whether I will have enough money to survive, whether I have enough clothing to survive the winter, when I will get my e-ticket to depart from Singapore...etc.)

They are very practical concerns but perhaps it clouded my belief the sovereign God that he would provide. Upon reflection, the anxiousness came up because I recognized it's value, or rather ascribed value to it as it will provide some backing for a better resume in the future, my future.

The following question which cropped up for reflection was this - Where is God is all this?
 'Seek ye FIRST the kingdom of God...' You know?
So there's this unbelief that manifested itself through anxiousness. I was blinded to the reality that God's hand is bigger than mine, far more wiser than me to do what is best for me.

If I decided that my role is to make God Lord of my life, then all the more I need God's word (which is the lamp of my feet and light of my path), wisdom and discernment to understand what is going on in my life. Got to start this year right and on guard already.

Thank God for that tap on the shoulder.

No comments: