Sunday, January 6, 2013

Nearing my departure to China

The past few days, I found out that there was something driving me to complete my unfinished business in Singapore, especially when it concerns my church.

I was talking to someone over facebook some time last week and that person asked this question,
"Do you feel sad that you will be leaving for China for exchange soon?'

And here was my response.
"Hmm...feeling sad is an inevitable reponse to leaving Singapore for a while only these few days I realised I am acting on 'teach us to number our days that we may gain the heart of wisdom'. Trying to do what I can before I depart...getting involved in the Christalise camp, this and that. There's that tinge of sadness that drives me to continue building the relationships with ppl like you, ppl in church especially...so it's not all bad."

I also found myself catching on to one of the reminders during the camp, and that is to give encouragement to the people around me and hope that it will spur one another on toward love and good deeds. It was upon reflection that I thought I ought take necessary action. (Instead of asking why, sometimes we should ask why not.)

When I take a step back, I observed that what I wanted to was to really embrace my life, love my life and cherish these relationships around me. Though sometimes I get very bothered by why I am 'invisible' to others, I have learnt that there are many things in life which I should not 强求 and doing something to gain their attention and approval is just plain wrong. And in the end, what's of ultimate importance is if I make Christ the Lord of my life and my heart.


1. Consider Christ, the source of our salvation
That he should take the penalty for me
Though he was pure, a lamb without a blemish;
He took my sins and nailed them to the tree
Chorus
My Lord and God
You are so rich in mercy
Mere words alone are not sufficient thanks.
So take my life, transform, renew and change me
That I might be a living sacrifice
2. Consider Christ, that he could trust his Father
In the garden of Gethsemane
Though full of dread and fearful of the anguish;
He drank the cup that was reserved for me.
3. Consider Christ, for death he has defeated.
And he arose, appeared for all to see.
And now he sits at God’s right hand in heaven
Where he prepares a resting place for me.

No comments: