Joyfully self-forgetting lovers of people - (Philippians 1:25; 2 Corinthians 1:24; 1 Corinthians 16:14; 1 Timothy 1:5; Galatians 5:6): The aim of all health is God-centered, Christ-exalting love for people. Love is not possible where self-preoccupation holds sway in a person's life. So self-forgetfulness is a part of true mental health. This is not possible to create directly, but only as one is absorbed in something worthy and great. The aim is to be absorbed in God and anything else for God's sake. The truly healthy person is passionate for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples.
(extracted from http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/articles/toward-a-definition-of-the-essence-of-biblical-counseling)
Is it just me finding that this joy is missing in the Christian communities?
Where can I truly witness joy and love of all peoples?
Maybe it was a mistake to begin with, to assume that the majority is healthy but to realize that the sick remains sick. Maybe to expect others to be passionate for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples was asking for too much? But if a Christian community doesn't have that passion, where else can I witness be Christ-exalting corporate worship?
I really hope there is more passion for God in people that I have yet to see. If not, I am afraid it is only a matter of time that my passion for God gets quelled.
No comments:
Post a Comment