When people meet people, something new is created. Conversations or interactions make communities interesting. Perhaps where I was positioned at a bad locality where words seem to go pass me. But it's not the first time I have felt like I was helplessly isolated when I am with people. What I brought to the table was but a little laughter, a few phrases, my appetite and mostly, my childish drawings and mostly, my silence. I am keen to believe that I am more than a duty fulfiller, but I get the impression that I am dispensable. Finding my sense of place in a community is apparently getting more challenging than before. And I think it will remain to me a mystery - why other peculiar people can fit in so well.
After two hours and thinking for a while, I left - to spare myself from this misery and to allow others to carry on their conversations more freely. And there I saw that leaving as a way to face it and also at the same time, escape from it.
So Lord, should I be contented about this or do I need some change of perspective?
No comments:
Post a Comment