Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Beyond "You are better than this"

"You are better than this." (context: when someone is about to do wrong)
A phrase repeatedly mentioned in a movie I watched recently(= Puss in Boots).

Just wondered if it is something God will say when we are facing temptations.
Somehow I was reminded of this.

Then the LORD said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.”
(Genesis 4:6-7)

Surely, he desires the best out of us and want us to do all things for His glory yet I know God goes beyond saying "you are better than this". He is one who gives the second chance(v6) and warns(v7) you, out of love.

A compassionate father He is. Loving so He disciplines.

No comments: