Yesterday will probably be a day which I will remember for the rest of my life. It was a day when the truth of God pierced people's heart right where they were, where ever their hearts were.
Bits and pieces of what I said yesterday repeated in my mind today and somehow, some of the content which I covered yesterday was repeated today in the sermon. Maybe it takes a double impact for the truth to sink in, for the light to expose the deceitfulness of my heart.
I took a step back and God revealed to me that I am still somewhere in the middle, like what the band Casting Crowns sang in their song. John Piper mentioned that there were several species of pride which he has to deal with during his leave and I cannot help but wonder how many more little 'monsters' are messing around in my castle. Will I ever love God more and (then) people more? The war in the inner man continues.
And he is by my side, loving me even at this time, when I am caught in the middle
No comments:
Post a Comment