22 The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! (Matthew 6:22-23)
I recalled that I covered this passage in the sunday lesson on materialism.
What are bad eyes ? Pastor John Piper directed me to point out in Matthew 20:15 and mentioned that bad eyes begrudge others their grace God has shown towards them.
Today as I reflected on the things I am observing I felt the begrudging spirit in my life.
' How come this person (who I perceived to be lazy) are enjoying the favor of other people ? How come this person seemed more cared for and can connect with others when he/she is in this state ?'
I processed my thoughts to know that I actually asked such questions. What I actually asked was this - 'Why does this person deserve this kind of good treatment ?'
Who am I to decide who (and how much) God should show favor to?
What kind of a Christian am I to have these bad eyes ?
This is definitely something which breaks God's heart and something which I have to repent.
(Oh God. Help me repent and give me the good eyes to appreciate the grace you have shown towards others.)
No comments:
Post a Comment