Today I was in a discussion about whether disease come from God and whether one should pray for recovery.
I am that glad that my sense of discernment is still there to point out where there is error yet I can't say that I responded very well for the questions which surfaced.
Maybe I felt pressurized...in an environment to respond to questions. Addressing the question behind the question was something I realised that I was not consciously doing but necessary for any meaningful engagement to take place. There is a manner that "better" answers come about.
"Why would one ask such a question?"
I think that's the way to go.
Maybe we are still in the phase where we wonder how God can do this but yet do that also.
Sometimes, questions come up because we expect God to be man-centered. Unfortunately, at the end of the day God has to be God-centred for Him to be God. All that He does revolves around His glory, not us.
We seem to want a god who is man-centered, not God-centered.
So is this god God?
No comments:
Post a Comment