I have been reading up on content related to fellowship recently.
Somewhere it said this - the idea of community denotes a “common unity” of purpose and interests.
And I went to look up the dictionary.
com·mu·ni·ty
/kəˈmyo͞onitē/
Noun
1.A group of people living together in one place, esp. one practicing common ownership: "a community of nuns".
2. All the people living in a particular area or place: "local communities".
All along my understanding of community is limited to the second meaning. And in God's eyes, community probably takes on a deeper meaning similar to the first meaning. Believers of God are in Him, the body of Christ, partakers of the ministry of reconciliation. There's that one-ness of purpose to be a collective witness for God in a community.
Yet I wonder, why is what I am seeing so far from what is illustrated in Acts 2:42 ?
Perhaps it is the lack of devotion to fellowship but there's probably more to it. Hmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment