"我们承认人间的资源有限,然而我们愿意虚心学像基督五饼二鱼的榜样..."
This brought me to look at Mark 6:30-44.
What this simple incident brought out was this, that God had compassion on people. He is not only concern about their spiritual state but also physical state. Clearly, the disciples did not have such a compassion. They wanted to disperse the crowd even though the passage suggested that they will have the money to get the food they need.
Jesus gave them a very interesting challenge.
"You give them something to eat!"
A statement that jolts the disciples.
Can you imagine the faces of the disciples when they heard this from Jesus?
"ME? give them something to eat? But I only have 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish! "
Did they willingly give what they have? It was not really stated.
But I am sure God would want to use what he gave us to bless many others who deserve our compassion, which personally I find is lacking in the world nowadays (myself included). Apathy shrouds our lives but we do not realize it.
Embracing the spirit of the gospel, have we done that?
活出希望,散播喜乐, 欢唱主美丽诗歌.
No comments:
Post a Comment