O Living God, I bless You that I see the worst of my heart
as well as the best of it, that I can sorrow for those sins
that carry me from You, that it is Your deep and dear mercy
to show me my sin so that I may return, pray and live.
My sin is to look on my faults and be discouraged,
or look on my good and be puffed up.
I fall short of Your glory every day
by spending hours unprofitably,
by thinking that the things I do are good,
when they are not done to Your end,
nor spring from the rules of Your Word.
My sin is to fear what never will be;
I forget to submit to Your will, and fail to be quiet there.
Help me to see that although I am in the wilderness
it is not all briars and barrenness. I have bread from heaven,
stream from the rock, light by day, fire by night,
Your dwelling place and Your mercy seat.
(extracted from my online Crosswalk devotional material today)
C: Lord, I don't deserve this.
G: It's not what you've done; it's what my Son has done for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment