For me, yesterday(Monday) was the day when I got blown away with the amount of work I was required to do. It was unpleasant to know that I was on duty too. Going up and down the stairs, attending to continue tasks at different places, only to realise that my workload was transferred from my colleague to me. To my 'horror', I discovered that the previous duty personnels were neglecting their routine duty tasks. I never thought that I would get upset just by looking at their empty rows and boxes. Right there on the file was one combined significant overlooked mistake.
Having no idea how to correct this error, I decided to make things right from yesterday onwards (hopefully it does not end today). Having only a few hours to orientate myself back to work-in-camp mode, more were demanded from me to adapt to the changes which took place when I was nowhere in Singapore. In a situation like this, one has to admit that getting things in order can be really frustrating sometimes but I am sure God did not intend for it to be meaningless.
While getting things in order is a skill, it is already part of God's nature. My devotion today stated that Ezra chapter 1-2 (and not forgetting the book of Numbers) is not there to overwhelm us but to show that God is a God of detail and orderliness.
He might be saying to you..."You want to be like me right? I will help you to."
While you are in a mess, enjoy yourself. ( Am I crazy? No... :P)
Thinking back, actually re-arranging things in asecending order was a pretty mind-engaging activity for me. I can relate to the sorting methods which I've learnt in computing such as bubble sort, insertion sort, quick sort. I have yet to think off the other such instances but nevertheless it is still amazing how knowledge attained by the grace of God, helps you to do your work with ease, and maybe with a little more efficiency too.
Learning awaits you. God assists you. Therefore, never give up.
Thank you, Lord, for all your help. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment