Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Challenge of serving God in work

Yesterday my patience was tested as the demand for quality and speed in my work stepped up to a whole new level. Time was tight for my boss. The lack of resources and misplacing of items (by my collegues) made me frustrated. Mistakes must be minimised and everything must be presented nicely and accurately. Anything less than that standard will imply that you would want to redo. Thank God that I had held my anger back, if not I would have exploded already.

Still, I know I have lots to change with regards to living radically Lord-centered.

'Why would the Lord like this done? How would the Lord like this done? When would the Lord like this done? Will the Lord help me do this? What affect will this have for the Lord’s honor?' - I need to start thinking like this.

Ephesians 6:7-8
With good will render service, as to the Lord, and not to men, knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free.


Sometimes we just need to be reminded that we are called to do good works (so do it good while you are at it). Be enouraged by the fact that every little thing you do that is good is seen and valued by the Lord. "Whether slave or free” your good is recorded and rewarded.

Lord, help me to serve you with the right mind.

No comments: