Soon I will bid farewell to 2008 and welcome 2009. Looking back, there were wonderful memories and lessons learnt.
January – March 2008
It was a period where I got to do labor work. No doubt that it was kind of boring but it was quite a stress-free experience. Some big and small silly mistakes here and there but that is when I can identify my weaknesses and improve on my performance.
I could still remember that during that time I had this strong desire to help people. I felt that helping another person is meaningful and it would be great if God works through me to solve their problems. So I went to read a book called ‘How to be a people helper’. I learnt as much as I could from the book but there was a limit to how much help I can give. To a certain extent, it only works when the other party is willing and open to receive help. But I did what I could. I started to observe the people around me and find out their needs. Responsive actions were subsequently taken.
Who would have known that a letter would motivate a person since the day that he read it? Who would have known that a letter would fix a person’s life? Little actions can go far and do wonders so I have learnt not to belittle them.
_________________________________________________________
My mood was darkening with each day nearing the release of ‘A’ level results. I was carrying a load of anxiety even though I knew what nothing could be changed. Fortunately, I managed to pick myself up and turn my eyes unto the Lord. I had to face reality and recognize God’s sovereignty.
Surprises do happen and I was glad to experience one. For my worst subject to get an ‘A’ would take a miracle and God gave me one. I was not really jumping for joy but I was actually staring at my results in misbelief. Eventually I snapped out of misbelief and thanked God for it. It was more than enough as a birthday present. Celebration took place and I felt life could not have gotten any better for me.
____________________________________________________________
April – December 2008
Life went on…in the army. The initial stage was fun but gradually things began to be less enjoyable. My strong desire to help people diminished as my faith was constantly put to the test. There were times that I was perplexed of God’s ways, but I had to trust that what he had planned is the best for me. During this period, I believe I questioned my actions and some of my perspectives changed. The lesson of patience struck me the hardest. A couple of Saturdays were burnt and there were lot of other things that I was unhappy about. But God told me to make the best out of everything, whether I liked it or not.
The year ended well with Christmas. Bright colors, smiles and lively music created a warm atmosphere. I felt I was blessed to be present there to be there in the service and spending time with the ones I love.
____________________________________________________________
God is true, strong and faithful.
Have you counted your blessings yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment