Sunday, May 26, 2013

Daniel's vision

After reading the book of Daniel in the bible this week, I couldn't ignore how terrible Daniel felt after seeing his visions one after another. Yet I wonder, can seeing a vision cause one to lose strength, get sick and exhausted? Ok, those vision can be terrifying and perhaps it was too much for Daniel to take it?

When I was making a new pair of spectacles, the sharp and vivid vision which I had gave me some viewing problems. Every time I made a pair of spectacles I felt that the surroundings are vividly right-in-my face and my eyes need some time to tune to the things I see. Maybe Daniel also had something like this. Suddenly seeing weird beast, chaos and disorder can be very visually disturbing and if it does take a lot of energy to process a vision, then I guess I get it.

No comments: