Can you ... ?
Can you ... ?
Can you ... ?
I wonder when was it that I started to realized that I don't have much skills to meet with the harsh expectations of our meritocratic society. On my way home, what came to my mind was this question of what I am really good at? And I didn't come with a satisfactory answer. Perhaps I was trying to get to know and explore new things that I didn't come to develop a niche.
Then came the reminder that even if I did something skillfully, the effort or value of the work fades away overtime. Whether is it a medal I won or an artistic questionaire pamphlet that I designed or a song which I composed, their value will all fade away after their time of importance or relevance have passed. There is nothing that I can come to boast and I thank God for that.
But there's more. I know that I am a part of this fade-away process. My lifetime will come to an end. Every star has it's appointed time to shines bright and burn off. Yet that does not stop me from wanting to make the most out of my life and desire not to waste my live away in a self-centered manner.
While I am on Earth and if I am of any use at all Lord, may I be glad to respond to your call and be the salt and light for you. Thank you Lord, for not granting salvation by works, for I have not much to offer you, not near what you deserve and though I am but dust you placed in me my worth.
No comments:
Post a Comment