Monday, October 3, 2011

Fighting Fatalism

Recently, I listened to one of Pastor John Piper's sermon which introduced fatalism - "the feeling that this is the way it is going to be forever and nothing is going to change it and that's that. This is the way I am; this is the way work is (or no work); this is the way our small group is; this is the way society is—and that's that. It's been this way for so long; it's just not going to change. It will go on this way forever and probably get worse and that's that."

Have you had such a feeling towards certain areas of your life?

What I was reminded of was that God, being the God who is still turning things around in the events of the book of Acts. And though God seems like doing lesser miracles in this day and age, I think our fatalism needs to be challenged here.

Nothing is too great for Him to accomplish. He is forever the same. He reigns over all. He is alive. He is God.

No comments: