Friday, June 10, 2011

The Gloomy 5 Days

I shall begin by saying the past 5 days were some army days. While you don't mind to see some of your ex-colleagues again, the experience of army life is still not that desirable. The rush to wait and the wait to rush, the attitude of men and the vulgarities-rampant environment can't help but maintain my impression of army.

I have heard about the emotional scars men had in their years of service and it highlighted that if each of us do not do a good job, someone (sometimes including yourself) will suffer. However, the problem also arises when you try to do a good job but due to another person's mistakes/procrastination, end up suffering. Maybe there is some group of men who lack this awareness/reject the fact that the survival of Singapore depends on each and every single man out there. This is a disheartening observation.

Thankfully I held on to God. If not for Him, I will be less sane and going crazy like a beast.
Mysteriously, I could somehow relate to an experience which the psalmist had in the bible because I felt exactly the same way like he documented, though we were in different circumstances.

Psalm 73: 21 - 24

21 When my heart was embittered
And I was pierced within,
22 Then I was senseless and ignorant;
I was like a beast before You.
23 Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You have taken hold of my right hand.
24 With Your counsel You will guide me,
And afterward receive me to glory.

___________________________________________________________

Change the world (for good)
but don't let the world change you (for the worse).

Can a room be lit without light?
Can anything be salty without salt?
Can love be known without suffering?
So I will suffer as long as I can, for God is God and the world is the world.

世界在背后,十架在前头
世界在背后,十架在前头
世界在背后,十架在前头
永不回头, 永不回头

No comments: