Before one knows Christ, he remains in death; wherever he looks, he sees nothing but death.Though he does not know it, death is everywhere within him, for he is dead in trespasses and sins (Eph 2:1). His sins are to him what grave clothes are to a corpse. They seem to be his natural covering; they cling to him; they bind him. Little does he know what corruption is coming upon him, so that God Himself will say to him, "Bury the dead out of my sight."
When the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ comes to my soul and I keep his sayings by faith, I am completely turned around. My back is to death and my face is toward life eternal. When I see my Lord die on the cross, I see that for me,death is itself death. Death is removed, life is received and more life is promised.
A believer sees life. The more he keeps his Savior's words, the more the rejoices in Christ Jesus.The more he rests on His promise the more he loves Him. The more he loves him, the more his new life will drive death out of sight. Life now abounds and holds sway and the old death hides away in holes and corners.
(extracted from Being God's Friend - Charles Spurgeon)
May we all be completely turned around. Repent and Rejoice! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment