Sunday, August 10, 2008

You and the priceless purple robe

I went shopping today with my sister. As I was trying on the clothes, I had my eyes on the word 'Giordano'. That was a brand. It somehow triggered a story in me.

Imagine that you are a beggar and that you are invited for this banquet. You decided to attend the banquet and see the king. As you move into the dining area, you realised you are not dressed appropriately. Unfortunately, you are financially challenged to get some decent clothing. Then the Prince saw you and immediately puts his purple robe over you.

'Take it. It's for you.'

And as you walk and seek the king, you discovered a 'brand' on the robe and it was 'Jesus'.

Today, we christians are all bearing (or 'wearing') the name of the Lord. As we conduct ourselves in our everyday lives, can others see Jesus in you? Are you living the life that God wants you to live?

No comments: